- Site name: Datchet Water Sailing Club
- System size: 36kWp
- Mounting detail: East-West Low Ballast Mounting System
- Annual Output: 35,000 kWh per annum
- Annual co2 saving: 15.5 tonnes per annum
- Complimentary technologies: LED lights and Ground Source Heat Pump
Datchet Water Sailing Club originated in 1975 and provides a sailing area and related facilities on the Queen Mother reservoir overlooking Windsor Castle. The clubhouse accommodates lots of social events, open meetings and training for the local community.
Driven by the need to address high electricity bills and with funding successfully awarded by Sports England Drakes Renewables were commissioned to install a 36kW East-West system on it flat roof.
In the two years since operations began the system has delivered bill savings and income that have contributed to the running of the club. The electricity generated now powers a newly installed heat pump.
It was a pleasure to work with Drakes Renewables. They were very keen to ensure that the system they provided would meet our needs. They were patient and happy to investigate different options with us. The work was done in the time they said it would take and at the price quoted.
– Gabrielle Boase, Manager, Datchet Water Sailing Club