- Site name: Oasis Academy Arena, Croydon
- System size: 68kWp
- Lead Contractor: Willmott Dixon
- Mounting detail –Low Ballast Mounting System
- Annual Output – 61,000kWh per annum
- Annual co2 saving – 27 tonnes per annum
Oasis Academy Arena is a new secondary school for children aged 11-16 that focuses on sport and science. The school will take in around 180 new students each year before eventually growing to full capacity by September 2019.
Drakes were commissioned to design and install a 68kW solar system to achieve BREEAM credits and comply with the London Plan. A monitoring portal allows pupils to see live generation, which acts as an educational tool.
The school use the green electricity produced, which reduces bills leaving more money for education. In addition to this, the school will receive an income from the Feed in Tariff for the next 20 years.